Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to promote well being and treat illness. In oriental medicine health is believed to result from the free flow of the body’s energy. Illness can result when this energy, known as Qi, is blocked along pathways in the body. The insertion of thin needles of various points on the body can restore the smooth flow of the Qi, treating both the symptoms and the underlying causes of many illnesses.
Moxibustion is a traditional oriental medicine technique that involves the burning of mugwort to facilitate healing, strengthen the blood, stimulate the flow of the blood and Qi to promote health and maintain the general feeling of well being.
Moxibustion (艾灸) can be used to cure diseases that medicine and acupuncture cannot cure. Get to know the mystical and traditional therapy--moxibustion in this video.Posted by Discover China on Friday, July 24, 2015
Commonly Treated Conditions:
- Aches and Pains: Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, TMJ, etc.
- Stress, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
- Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue
- Heartburn, Nausea, IBS, Constipation
- Arthritis, Sciatica, Fibromyalgia
- Headache, Migraine, Sinusitis, Allergies
- High Blood Pressure, Overweight
- Stroke Rehabilitation, Bell's Palsy, Diabetic Neuropathy
Find out more about acupuncture and whether it may be the right choice for your health care needs, make an appointment today!